Ocho is running a contest for bars in UK, France, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway & Italy to celebrate 10 years of tequila-filled fun!
The winning bar will be taken to Mexico for Day of the Dead this November 2018 (prize is for 2 people, flying economy).
• Participating bars must email 10thBirthday@ochotequila.com by July 20, 2018 with the following information:
• Bar name & address
• Instagram handle for bar
• Cocktail name and recipe (must include at least 35ml of Tequila Ocho as a base)
• Once you send us this information, we will confirm your participation via email and provide you with your personal hashtag. Please note that this competition is limited to 25 venues per country and space is allocated on a first-email-first-served basis – so be quick to email us!
• The featured Ocho cocktail must then be promoted at the participating bar for 8 weeks starting August 8, 2018 and ending October 2, 2018 at midnight London time.
• The cocktail with the highest engagement on Instagram throughout the 8 weeks wins. This is measured by the number of customers posting photos of the cocktail. This must be done from the customers’ own accounts, being sure to tag both the hashtag we assign to your bar (we will provide you with this information once you register with us via email) and @tequilaocho in order to be counted. Only posts between August 8 and October 3 will be counted.
• When posting on Instagram, the venue’s guests must do the following:
• Follow @tequilaocho on Instagram
• Take a photo of the cocktail
• Post the photo to your account, tagging @tequilaocho and the bespoke hashtag assigned to your bar
• One post counts as one vote. Duplicates (more than one post from the same account) will not be counted. Posts must be original. Posts that have been regrammed or reposted from someone else’s account will also not be counted. Accounts created for the sole purpose of adding votes (in this case, accounts with less than 30 followers and less than 10 posts) will also not count as a vote. In short, these photos must be posted to Instagram by legitimate customers, with only one eligible vote per account. This competition is only taking place on Instagram. No posts on any other social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc) will be counted as votes.
• July 20th: Deadline to register your bar. You do this by sending an email to 10thBirthday@ochotequila.com with your bar’s name, address, drink name and recipe. We will then reply with your personal hashtag to be used. Be quick to email us this information as only the first 25 bars to apply in each country will be eligible.
• August 8th: Competition begins. By this date, your Ocho cocktail should be on the menu at your bar. The way you get votes is by getting your guests to post photos of your Ocho cocktail in your bar using your unique hashtag, which we will have assigned to you, also making sure to tag @tequilaocho. If your hashtag is not used and @tequilaocho is not tagged, then the post will not be counted as a vote. If the photo is posted on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social medium, it will not be counted. Duplicates tags (posted more than once from the same account) will also not be counted.
• October 2nd: last day for Instagram posts eligible to be counted towards votes. No votes submitted after 23:59:59 BST on October 2ndwill be counted
• October 8th: winning bar is announced and flights to Mexico are booked
• October 29th to November 3rd (exact dates TBC): Trip to Jalisco for Days of the Dead
• This Competition is open to any bar currently stocking Tequila Ocho located in any of the following countries: UK, France, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway & Italy. Please note that participation is limited to 25 venues in each country – these slots will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis (see How to Enter section above for information on how to apply).
• The bar must have an Instagram page.
• Each participant must email us at 10thBirthday@ochotequila.com in order to apply before eligibility is confirmed. If you do not email this address and receive a confirmation email back, you will not be an active participant.
• Only 1 cocktail per bar can be entered into the competition.
• This is an online competition. You do not need to be present to compete or win.
• Multiple venues within a group can enter the competition but each venue will be treated as an individual entry.
• The cocktail’s base spirit MUST be Ocho. You may use more than one spirit in your cocktail, however, the featured spirit must be from the Tequila Ocho range. Homemade ingredients are welcome, but the cocktail must be easily replicable.
• Applicants must also be aged 18 or older, must own a passport and be available to travel on the dates October 28 to November 5, 2018
• Each recipe must feature 35-60ml Ocho as the base spirit.
• Tequila Ocho and any of its importers worldwide have the rights to use recipes, photos and videos of the cocktails in their brand communication.
•There is no cash alternative to the prize.
Our site is operated by Numero Ocho Ltd. Our registered office is:
71-75 Shelton Street
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period and if you are unable to access one of our pages.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placedLtd such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The views expressed on this website are not necessarily the view of Numero Ocho Ltd. While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information contained on this website at the time of publication, no responsibility can be accepted for errors or omissions and we specifically disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.